Friday, October 5, 2012

If You Want To Be Happy, Be.



"To be is to do" ~Socrates

"To do is to be" ~Sartre 

"If you want to be happy, be." ~Leo Tolstoy


I am a big believer in taking action toward what you want (even if it is just a small step), creating new healthy habits, and practicing them until they become second nature.

But I know it is equally important to regularly get in touch with yourself and the world around you, to just be, and connect with the universe. 

Because it’s so easy to get busy doing, we often forget why we are doing what we are doing. Is it really important to us? Is it meaningful? Is it fulfilling?

I had a whole list of tasks laid out for this week to get into action. And then I caught a cold. So I am taking the opportunity to just be.

If you would like to join me in being, just take a deep breath, look out the window or at the picture below, and for the moment, just be...




No comments:

Post a Comment