Friday, February 8, 2013

Are You Feeling The Love?



It’s February! The month of love! It’s my birthday month as well. And month 2 of my intention to make this a breakthrough year for me and everyone who wants to join me! There are so many things to celebrate.  =)

While I am really looking forward to this month, the truth is that I haven’t  always been happy about my birthday in the past. For some reason, my birthday would bring up a sense of dread. I wouldn’t feel happy about it. And I couldn’t really explain why.  When I think about it now, I believe it was because deep inside I was carrying a belief that people didn’t really care or that I wasn’t really loved. So when people did show their love or caring, I would appreciate it, but I didn’t really believe they meant it. And because of that belief, I thought that my birthday was somehow just a phony display. Of course I wouldn’t tell anyone how I felt, except a couple of closest friends.

I finally realized that if I wanted to make a change, I really needed to find a way to love myself. And so I began to research and practice. And I realized that I was not the only one who was dealing with this challenge. I began to see how difficult our relationship with ourselves can be and how hard we can be on ourselves. As I found ways to have a more loving and caring relationship with myself, I wanted to help others with what I had learned and discovered. And so my “Fall in Love with Yourself – Fall in Love with Your Life” workshop was born.

It’s been 5 years since my first workshop and I can honestly say that I am looking forward to my birthday this year. I can’t wait to celebrate and spend time with friends. And I want to share my happiness and excitement with others!

Loving myself is still a daily practice, but it has now become a habit and it feels natural. Knowing that there are many of you out there who are practicing as well continues to give me the motivation and inspiration to go on. Thank you to everyone who has been with me on this journey of loving ourselves! I know for sure that we are not meant to go this alone!

Happy February! Happy Valentine’s Day! Happy Love Yourself Month!
Oh yes, and Happy Chinese New Year as well! =)

You can visit Manuela's Website for Professional Life Coaching and Personal Growth Workshops.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for writing this!

    the part "my birthday would bring up a sense of dread. I wouldn’t feel happy about it. And I couldn’t really explain why. When I think about it now, I believe it was because deep inside I was carrying a belief that people didn’t really care or that I wasn’t really loved"

    I can really relate to it.. thank you for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Kai-Ru!

    I am glad to hear that you can relate to this. And I also hope that you are practicing to love yourself, so that your birthday will bring up a sense of joy and happiness instead! =)

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete