Friday, December 21, 2012

The World Hasn’t Ended, Now What?



Have you been wondering whether the world will really end today?

Today, December 21st, 2012, marks the end of the 13th Baktun in the Mayan calendar. (One Baktun equals 394 years.) This means that we are now embarking on the 14th Baktun – a new era!

It seems like the world is still here for now and we don’t have to worry about any doomsday scenarios. In fact, it’s a wonderful opportunity for a new start!  But where to begin?

I would like to leave you with a little gift for the holiday season. I taught my last workshop of the year on Wednesday, and we reflected back on 2012 and looked ahead to 2013 to choose what is most important to us and what we intend to start doing, stop doing, and do more of.  In one of the exercises, everybody got to choose one quality that would really help them or that they could use more of in 2013.

You can choose a quality for 2013 as well!  Here is how:

1.    Read through the following list of words and let them sink in. Notice your reaction.

2.    How do you want to be in 2013? Feel into which of the words you want more of, and choose the word that you feel most drawn to:

Accountable
Beautiful
Trusting
Creative
Generous
Compassionate
Focused
Courageous
Authentic
Loving

3.    Your wish has been granted! This word is your gift for 2013! This quality is already within you. Just focus on it and practice being that word every day, and you will feel it more and more next year.

Sounds too simple?  I have found that we make many things in our life too hard, when they really could be much simpler.

I chose “Courageous” for next year. I want to continue my practice of feeding the love and not the fear in 2013, so I can step outside of my comfort zone and try new things.

What word did you choose for yourself for 2013? Let me know, so I can support your intention in the coming year!

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season, filled with love, peace, and joy!

2 comments:

  1. I wish it were that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,
    you are right, it's not easy. Because it actually requires putting focus on what we want, practicing it and taking action every day.

    But it is simple, and it is doable! And we don't have to do it alone. Finding a supportive group is a great way to stay focused and motivated.

    How do you want to be in 2013?

    ReplyDelete